Thursday, March 19, 2009

Toothless People

Those who have children know that when a child discovers his or her first loose tooth, it is a major milestone. You also know that you are not allowed to touch the tooth. Samantha got her first loose tooth a few weeks ago. The tooth was barely attached, but still she wouldn’t let us yank it. One night I was at the mall with all the kids and had to take Bean into the potty. Whit was in charge of the kids while Bean and I were taking care of business. Whit explained to Samantha that the best way to get the tooth out was a karate chop to the face. While demonstrating the move, Whit actually hit Samanth in the face on accident. I came out of the restroom to find Samantha’s face smeared with blood and a smile as she proudly showed me the tooth.

This past week Samantha got her second loose tooth. Again she protected it, not letting anyone even look closely at it. Monday afternoon she was at dance class, and the teacher was showing the girls a new move when the turned and accidentally back-handed my kid. Kate arrived to pick up Samantha to find her holding her latest prize. So she’s lost two teeth, and both times they have been knocked out by other people.

Patrick also lost a tooth today. Samantha was stunned that he just pulled it out without help…

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Chris, you always make us laugh. Thanks for the good stories. I can see Whit in my mind doing the karate chop. I'm impressed you took your 4 kids to the mall. You never stop amazing me.

Rebekah said...

Sure, we know you smack your kids around and then blame it on other kids. LOL, just kidding

Widget_logo