Monday, March 09, 2009

Tickets to the Gun Show

Last night I was chastised by my evil mother-in-law and told that I need to ‘get on the stick’ and update my blog. I never realized that I was off the stick, or even where the stick is. But I am back on the stick, and updating the blog.

The reason I haven’t posted a lot lately is that there has been relatively little to report. Life in suburbia has been relatively quiet. No one has been sick or injured, and no major events have come to pass. Other than Bean and Samantha being constantly at each others’ throats all the time, no one has been in any trouble. Well, that’s not entirely true.

Shortly after the start of the year Kate started working full time. This means that I am in school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and then she works Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. To make the transition easier, and to be able to spend some time with her, I started visiting her when she works. The ritual is that I stop at the 7-11 to pick up some nachos, a doughnut and a piña colada Slurpee, which we share while we visit. No big deal, right? Well apparently the ‘health food’ from 7-11 doesn’t fit into the tight nutrition regimen that Kate’s trainer has her on. I probably wouldn’t be concerned with what the trainer thinks. However, Kate showed me some pictures of the trainer, and she’s buff. I wouldn’t mess with her. So from now on when I run to St. Mark’s for a rendezvous, I will bring soy nuts, celery and craisins to be washed down with whey protein shakes. I will have to choke them down, but that’s okay. It’s all about the company for me. And I don’t want to get beat up by a woman.

My intent was to post some pictures of Kate, because she is developing great muscle tone and looking amazing. But she won’t let me take any pictures. She has been killing it at the gym, and is in great shape. She is considering running the half marathon next month instead of the whole marathon, and I think I might do the same. That way she will only beat me by half an hour, instead of a whole hour. We’ll see.


Don't get the wrong idea. I will stop her well before she gets to looking like this!!!

3 comments:

Alley said...

Holy Crap. Is she for real?

Anonymous said...

That is the creepiest picture I have ever seen.

Pug Lover said...

Chris --- is that your old girlfriend / partner?

Widget_logo