Sunday, March 15, 2009

Buncha Savages in This Town

My little Toyota Yaris is not a high class automobile. It was purchased because I needed a commuter car, and it gets nearly 40 mpg. But even though it is not a stylish car we have taken care of it and worked to keep it nice. So I was dismayed when I walked out to the parking lot on Thursday to find that someone had stolen the two driver’s side hubcaps. Honestly, who steals hub caps anymore? I know that they were ripped and not just lost during driving because I went to the car during lunch to get some things, and the car was whole at that time.




‘Ghetto’ is the term Kate used to describe how the car looks now, and I have to agree. I know it is simple vanity to want to get them replaced, but it will have to be done. I called the dealer to see how much it would run me, to find that they are nearly $80 a piece! I may just have to scope out the parking lot to see who else has caps that match mine, park next to them and steal a couple of theirs. They’re probably mine anyway. Then I’ll find a new parking lot…

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is crazy.

Widget_logo