Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Three from the U
At the San Diego Zoo


When I found out that I had to go to San Diego for a conference the first week of October I wasn’t too disappointed. When I found out that my boss had booked early flights for us so that we could go to the San Diego Zoo together, I wasn’t as excited. Not that I didn’t want to go to the zoo. I had never been. I just didn’t relish the idea of going to the zoo with my travel companions, both of whom are old enough to be my parents. Because I am a jerk I teased Karen about whether or not she had made matching T Shirts for us to wear, or if she would make us hold hands.

We did have a great time, and somehow managed to see the whole zoo in just a matter of hours. With Karen leading the way, we got a nice workout, hiking up and down the terrain of the zoo.
The conference was nice too, considering we were put up in the Mission Bay Hilton. But the conference was far less compelling than watching the tigers get fed. Two weeks from now I will be travelling to Madison Wisconsin for a week of training. Somehow I don't think it will be as fun...

I 'otter' take the kids there someday...



The Panda Bear was the highlight of the day. He knew that everyone wanted to take his picture, and would stop eating and pose for pictures. I've never seen an animal, except for my cousin Jeff, that was more of a camera hog.



The young Gorillas were funny. When they weren't wrestling, they would sit with their backs to the glass. If you tried to take a picture they would reach around and slap the glass with their hands.



No, that's not a live rabbit. But it was alive when tossed into the cage.


The Hip-Hop-otomuses

















































Of course no zoo trip would be complete without the Meerkats.

Insert 'Camel-Toe' joke here...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you are a nerd. You really didn't need to stand over my shoulder and laugh at your "Camel-Toe" joke while I was reading the blog.

Melissa said...

Yes, you really otter take the kids sometime. Have fun in Montana or wherever the heck you're going.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I love the San Diego zoo - too bad Jordan and I never made it there 4 years ago with the Christensens & Drew & Pat. I have to say - you took gorgeous pictures!

JAZZMAN said...

I've been known to eat live rabbits too...

Alley said...

I thought my blog was cool with the snake, but I see that you are more cool once again.

Widget_logo