Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Nice Slap in the Face

This post comes to you from Madison Wisconsin. Verona, Wisconsin actually. I am here for a week long training program for a registration and billing software we are installing. I would post some pictures, but there is nothing worth shooting here. Cows, fields and clouds, that’s about it.

Anyway, since there is nothing to do here I found myself watching a college football game between Temple and Ohio last night. The game was awful, and a battle to see which team could play worse than the other. Near the end of the game the commentators discussed the results of an online poll that asked the question: Which of these two teams will play in a BCS bowl: Utah or Boise State? The results showed that 57% of the voters favored Boise State. One of the commentators said, “I don’t know. I would take Utah. Coach Mendenhall has his players really playing well up on the hill in Salt Lake City.”

Coach Mendenhall? Are you kidding me? Last time I checked Mendenhall was coaching Utah’s mortal enemies down in Provo. Then to make matters worse, he postulated that people probably voted for Boise State based on recognition. He suggested that the Broncos got votes because “they’ve been to a BCS bowl before.” I came out of my chair when I heard that one. Excuse me? Yes, Boise State has gone to the Fiesta Bowl. Two years after the Utes beat Pittsburg in that same bowl. What a moron. The guy has no business working for ESPN. But then again, he was calling a Tuesday night game between Temple and Ohio on ESPN2, so what can I expect?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

RUDE

JAZZMAN said...

Ya one of my favorite all time games was when Alex Beck found Steve Harline in the end zone for a late game touchdown to help the Utes beat BYU.

Widget_logo