Monday, September 01, 2008

The ‘Cavin’s




We took advantage of the long Labor Day weekend to run down to the Camperworld in Nephi and stay in the ‘cavins’ that the kids love so much. I was threatened about making snide comments about how camping with Kate’s family is not real camping. I was told not to make comments about how Pat’s definition of ‘roughing it’ was going without wireless access. So I won’t. I won’t make any rude comments about having power in the cabins. Or running water. Or bathrooms and a swimming pool. Or the TVs and Wii that was taken. But I will make a comment about how Pat didn’t want to walk all the long way up to the bathroom and had to sit on a 5 gallon bucket to pee where everyone could see. I just won’t post the picture Kate took of the event.


We had a great time. We ate like kings and relaxed for one more weekend before school really gets started. This morning it was raining so hard that we decided against standing outside to make breakfast. So we packed it in and drove to Nephi to have breakfast in the One Man Band Diner. Yeah, we really roughed it…



Kate made tinfoil dinners for Friday night, and they were a little POH (Piece of Heaven)





Whitney was pretty excited when she discovered a deer skull


Not to be outdone, Patrick found an arrowhead.




Saturday night I made Navajo Tacos for dinner, making the fry bread from Rhodes rolls. We then made scones for dessert.

Being that she's on a diet, Beth decided to 'go easy' on the scones...





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a super fun trip, even though we were "roughing it". I mean the Wii remotes did run out of batteries.

Pug Lover said...

Chris Shirley brags too much. He says we ate like kings.... that's because he did the cooking. I love to rough it. Peeing in a 5 gallon bucket is very rough, especially when it is raining. Walking up to the bathrooms was really quite nice, but no poise pad could handle that much volume! The showers were great too... very warm and great water pressure!! Unfortunately the dogs had to sleep in the truck. That was rough. Chris wanted to sleep with them, but they were afraid he'd give them fleas.

JAZZMAN said...

You missed out not going to Idaho, although I'm not sure we missed you...

Rebekah said...

K, well, thanks for the invite. Erik and I were just sitting here:)
I expect you to make navajo tacos on our next camping trip!
p.s. Pat is so hilarious!

Jeni said...

I just discovered your blog! Hope you don't mind me looking at it!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I think I'd rather enjoy that style of camping! Sounds great to me.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I think I'd rather enjoy that style of camping! Sounds great to me.

Widget_logo