Saturday, September 06, 2008

Football and Futbol



This morning Samantha began her first soccer season. And as her coach I made sure that she started and closed the game. Although there are only three girls on the team so everyone starts and closes. I was a little nervous about coaching, as I know so little about soccer and didn't really do a lot of coaching for Patrick's team last year. Until I met the coach of the other team this morning. I spent as much time teaching her the difference between corner kicks and goal kicks as I did my own girls. My team has named themselves the 'Pink Princesses', and they defeated the 'Green Glowbugs' 7-1 today.


Then tonight I took my son to his first college football game. The Utes hosted the UNLV Rebels, and after a shaky first half by the home team, the Utes smashed their opponent. We had a great time. I love going to Jazz games with my kids, but a football game is different. I don't have to worry about P annoying other people at the football games. We were on the 8th row, and he would wander down to the rail above the field and watch the game, and no one cared. While down there he did get a special high five from Swoop, though I was too slow to catch it on camera.


One reason why it is more fun to catch a game and Rice-Eccles than Lavell Edwards Stadium...





Since it was P's first game I had to get him a foam finger. He spent the whole game giving the other team 'the finger'.




I took this picture to note how much time the flag bearers spent on the field after numerous Utah touchdowns. However, upon further examination it does show what a great view Patrick and I had of the 'end' zone...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I be worried about the hot lady sitting behing Patrick? Did you score a date with her?

Rebekah said...

HA! Katies comment! LOL!
Anyway, the Utes better be getting warmed up to kick BYUs ASS!!!

Rebekah said...

...oh yea, and GO Pink Princesses!

Widget_logo