Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Real Blowout!


No, I am not talking about Samantha's soccer game against the Butterflies (which was a 7-7 tie where Samantha scored two goals). I am talking about glass. Samantha came home from school with a 'fishing pole' which consisted of a stick, a string, and a magnet tied to the end of the string. She had some paper fish with paper clips on them so that she could go fishing. Of course, Patrick ended up with the stick, swinging it around, even though I told him not to. "You'll put your eye out." I told him.

I had to run an errend and told him to come with me. He walked out to the garage ahead of me, and about the time I came out I heard an explosion. He had struck the back window of the Durango with the magnet just right, and the tempered glass shattered. The strange thing is that it blew outward. I found glass 12 feet away. Fortunately he was off to the side and didn't get showered with glass. But we did have to go a day looking like rednecks with plastic and duct tape over the back window.

No comments:

Widget_logo