Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Circus McGurkus 2008




Last week Kate and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. How did we go about celebrating this momentous occasion? We took the whole family on a trip to Las Vegas!






Each time we go down there I am prepared for the culture shock. At least, I thought I was. One of the biggest attractions for the kids was the In-N-Out Burger. The first time we went there Kate got a table while I waited for the order. While standing there I noticed a couple enter, apparently just in from a fancy get together. He had a plain black suit and tie on. She wore a dress. Barely. To put it lightly, she was a whole lot of woman. If figured that if she took too deep of a breath the dress very well could burst. The dress covered her nipples by some miracle, because the rest of her breasts were hanging way over the top. It was a train wreck. My jaw must have dropped, because another gentleman approached me and asked where I was from. “This must be a huge culture shock for you.” He said when I told him. It sure was. “It’s okay. I’ve been here 20 years and I’ve never seen anything quite like that.” He explained, motioning to the woman.

I wasn’t the only one to experience a feeling of being out of place. One afternoon while driving I heard Whit yell from that back seat “Oh my gosh! I am not looking at that sign! It has a naked woman with Chinese writing going down her back and I can see her butt.” A few seconds later she added, “Or it could be a man. I can’t tell.”


We spent the majority of our trip lounging by the pool. The resort had a great variety of things for the kids to do, from a duck race in the lazy river to a coloring contest, which our kids won. We took the kids down to Caesar’s Palace to have dinner at Planet Hollywood. While there Patrick got out of hand, and I had to grab him in a head lock. But as you can see Rocky bailed him out.




We also took the kids to the Tournament of Kings at Excalibur. I was glad we didn’t have to buy a ticket for the Bean, because as soon as the show started she climbed under the table and cowered until the show was over. At one point I looked under to find that she had fallen asleep, fingers still in her ears. Fortunately the rest of the kids thought that the show was incredible. It was great, but I was disappointed that the show no longer features any midgets.




Circus Circus was such a big hit last year we decided to repeat. The kids and I all got all day passes and spent 12 hours in the adventure dome. It was better this year because Bean was able to ride more rides and Patrick was big enough to ride the ‘scary’ rides.




On our anniversary Nikki Brown took our kids while Kate and I went out to dinner and shopping alone. Jordan was off to a boy scout camping trip so Nikki had the pleasure of watching all 4 of ours plus her two. The kids were really excited to spend some time with Warren and his little baby sister, Audrey.



Our last night was spent with old friends Eric and Kathy Roberts and their kids for dinner and swimming. It was good to catch up with the Roberts, but the down side is that when Eric and I start reminiscing about our childhood, Kate finds out way more than maybe she should…



It was a great trip and it was really hard to come back and return to work. A good time was had by all. I have a video and will add it once completed. Keep tuned...








The resort had a great game room but I thought it was rude of Kate to school Patrick at pool and take his lunch money. I guess what happens in Vegas...






We don't like to wait for rides...

Before being blasted off Whitney had her game face on...


After posing for this picture Elvis asked for money. When I said no he told me that I ain't nothin' but a hound dog...


Tournament of the Kingzzzzzzzz....

4 comments:

Anna said...

Whitney's game face is awesome.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You packed a lot in! I'm glad you had fun.

jennaloha said...

Too bad we aren't there anymore. It was fun hanging out with you on your vegavisits. Or just the one I guess. Was Whitney big enough to ride the NY, NY roller coaster this year?

Tara Shirley said...

The last picture is the best. What a loving tribute to 10 years. HA!

Widget_logo