Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sweet Freedom




Ho! 'Tis I, Omnibot 2000. I had a special reason to celebrate Independence Day. It marked the one year anniversary of my own freedom from the depths of Pat's basement.





Following an old family recipe of mine, Kate made cupcakes that resembled corn on the cob. With lemon cupcakes and frosting, she placed yellow and white jelly beans to represent kernels with sugar to look like salt. The crowning touch was the 'butter pat' which was made with a yellow Starburst. The cupcakes proved too rich for most people, but Chas managed to down several. That boy has a hollow leg.

Isn't she just the picture of domestication?


The crowd was all fired up for the big fireworks show...





But with that sot Chris Shirley running the display, all were quite underwhelmed.





So Patrick had to step in to save his bottom. But Kate didn't want her little boy so close to then sparks, so I had to jump into the fray and save the day.




Now that's a show, eh?




Pat and Drew brought their mongrels, and while I pity those dogs for their ugliness, if Murphy lifts his leg on me again, my pity may run out...



Bean didn't appreciate the fireworks...




And preferred to watch them from the front window.




Pat can go ahead and make fun of me, but I still have more leg hair than her husband.




After working so hard to save the party I was spent, but 'nurse Katie' gave me a special sponge bath and attended to my every need. Take that, Chris Shirley!




From this picture you might think Chas is reclining to better enjoy my fireworks display. But in reality he is trying to relax the stomach cramps caused by eating too many cupcakes.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Those cupcakes are so cute, I want one. Yea, dad looked really fired up hehe

Anonymous said...

It was a fun night. The cupcakes were the best part. Although, I did like being alone with omnibot...

Widget_logo