Saturday, March 01, 2008

Story Time

We went live with a new software program at our mental health facility. I oversaw the project, so I had to dedicate most of my time working on it. But I was able to break away on Thursday to attend our Leadership Development Institute. At the LDI we heard from Dr. Dale Hull, and OB/GYN who broke his neck on a trampoline in 1999 and became a quadriplegic. He was told that he would have to use a sip/puff chair for the rest of his life, but in February of 2002 he carried the Olympic torch, running without assistance, and passed the torch to Karl Malone. It was an inspiring story, even for a cynic like me.

Speaking of stories, someone introduced me to a new web site this week: www.goodreads.com. I recommend registering as a user. I have listed all of the books that I have read, along with my ratings on those books. There is also a page to list your 'to-read' books and 'currently reading'. If you register, add me as a friend. You know how much I like to compare notes.

No comments:

Widget_logo