Saturday, February 23, 2008

If the Jersey Fits...



Kate and I have been teasing each other about her 'crush' on Kyle Korver for more than a month now. She told me that I should buy her a Korver jersey. She didn't think I'd do it. I went to the NBA store and ordered one without her knowledge. I usually buy shirts XL for myself, so I figured that I'd get her a large. Before finishing the order I downgraded to a Medium, with some apprehension as to whether or not it would be too small for her. It arrived in the mail this week.




As you can see it is huge. This is why I never buy clothes for my wife. One of two things will happen:


A. I'll get it too big, (as in this case) and I'll get hit with 'What? Do you think I'm a whale?!'

B. I'll get it too small and hear 'You wish I was this small.'



I just avoid it altogether. The good thing that came from the Korver jersey is that Kate went down to the Fanzz store to get herself the right size, and while she was there bought Samantha a pink Deron Williams T-shirt. Last night Whitney asked me if she could have one too. I am slowly but Shirley converting my kids to Jazz fans. Maybe one day Patrick will want to wear my old Jose Ortiz Jazz jersey...




Makin' Bacon






When I was a kid there was a popular game called '6 degrees of Kevin Bacon'. The idea of the game is to name an actor and try to link him or her to Bacon through six movies. I hadn't heard of the game for a long time until I read an article in the Utah Daily Chronicle last week in which the writer mentioned it. So I decided to try if for myself. I know I'm not an actor, but here goes:



1. In the fall of 1998 I worked as a projectionist for dailies on a film called 'Drive Me Crazy'.



2. The love interest in the film was an actor named Adrian Grenier.




3. Grenier was also the love interest in the 2006 film 'The Devil Wears Prada'. The star of that film was Meryl Streep.








4. Streep starred in the 1994 thriller 'The River Wild'. The villian of the film was played by Kevin Bacon.






How about that? Less than 6 degrees.

No comments:

Widget_logo