Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to School...

This past Monday didn’t start out well for me. I had been battling a cold as was losing the fight. I had also strained a muscle (yes, I do have them) in my arm, and hadn’t been able to bend my elbow. So I was perfectly content to have a grumpy day.

About noon I got a call from Kate. I was in a meeting, so I didn’t answer it. Two minutes later she called again. Again I didn’t answer. The third time she called I was afraid that she was driving to an emergency room with a bloodied child, so I answered.

“Your letter came!” She yelled. I have been (somewhat) patiently waiting for a letter from the University of Utah’s Public Administration program. I stuttered for a moment, unsure of what to say. I didn’t want her to open it because I was sure it was a reject letter and I didn’t want that news over the phone. Before I could put two words together she blurted out “I opened it!”

“Okay.” I said.

“You got accepted!” she informed me.

So this coming fall I will jump back into the fray as a student, working toward a Master’s Degree. After hearing that news I forgot about my cold and my gimpy arm. Nothing could have ruined my day after that.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congrats, thats awesome! (Hope you are feeling better too)

Tara Shirley said...

Way to go! You get to be a student again only in a harder program! AWESOME! HA. No really, congratulation, that's pretty great!

JAZZMAN said...

If only Chas could be as successful...

Alley said...

I always knew you would be accepted. Good on ya.

Widget_logo