Tuesday, July 27, 2010

'Sue' Me






Recently Kate and I began watching 'Glee'. I can understand why you would laugh at me for watching. It is a lot different from the TV shows I usually watch (Ice Road Truckers, Breaking Bad). But I find the show quite amusing. My favorite character is Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). The show may not be about her per se, but she always manages to steal every scene. She delivers some of the best lines, such as (when yelling at her cheerleading squad) "You think this is hard? I'm passing a gallstone as I speak! That's hard!"



I think Sue is Kate's favorite character too, as evidenced by the outfits she bought Samantha and Bean today. Yes, the first thing that went through my head when I saw the track suits was an image of Sue, in her track suit, walking on a treadmill while addressing Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison):

Sue: Want an iron tablet? They keep your strength up when you're menstruating.

Will: I don't menstruate.

Sue: Neither do I.



Of course, I hope that Bean and Samantha don't idolize Sue too much. After all, I don't want Bean telling Samantha "Don't mess with me. I will kick you right in the taco."

No comments:

Widget_logo