Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Lifetime of Ink-Smudged Hands

Patrick is learning that it isn’t easy being a Southpaw. As his father (me) his Grandpa Mike and his Grandma Poopy (my mom) can all attest, it is hard being made fun of by ‘common’ right-handers. But all of those people who make fun of us I say: You try writing without being able to see what you’re doing and see how well you do. It’s a right handed world, but those of us who were blessed as lefties will be better for it.
Check out this drawing that P made. I find it interesting that he is able to spell his words from left to right, but his word placement is right to left. In case you can’t tell, it says ‘I’m pulling cargo.” (It’s his tractor-trailer).


1 comment:

jennaloha said...

I didn't realize you and Patrick were left-handed. I'm left-handed too and it is definitely tricky sometimes: most apparent to me was the time my PE teacher could not figure out how to teach me to bowl. So you will be a great father since you understand his handicap :)

Widget_logo