Monday, July 30, 2007

I bleed red (not pink)

Every 8 weeks the University and ARUP sponsor a blood drive, and being the good citizen that I am I donate. Today was my 8 weeks, so I rolled up a sleeve and dropped a pint.

The phlebotomist who took my blood was a nice young lady and I thought that she was good, because she could probably put people who are nervous about needles at ease.

After the donation she asked which color of bandage I wanted. Looking at my options of purple, bright pink, green and light blue, realizing that I was wearing a white shirt I said, "Well, since I have a purple tie on, how about purple?"

She tied the bandage off and then before I realized what was happening she had adorned it with a little pink bow. I looked at the bow and said, "I guess this means that you think I'm gay, huh?"

I think I hurt her feelings.


No comments:

Widget_logo