Friday, July 06, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post, because our home computer was on the fritz. I realize that I could have updated the goings-on of the Shirley crew from my lap top, but I couldn’t take pictures from the camera to the lap top. And since everyone has made it abundantly clear that they only care about the photos, I waited.
We have spent most of our time recently moving Pat and Drew to their new house. But more about that later, after I think about how I can make fun of them.
The big news is that Patrick graduated from pre-school. Now if he could just wake up dry in the morning, we’ll be happy. Anyway, being that dead beat Dad that I am I didn’t make the big event. But I was amused at the pictures Kate took. Take a gander and see if you can notice the tell tale sign of which kid is mine.

Did you see it? Yes, mine is the only child who showed up to graduation bare foot. Supposedly he had shoes when they left the house, but they mysteriously ‘disappeared’ only to be found when they got home. Go figure. He will not wear shoes. So be it. He can just turn out like uncle Chas.








A Little Fruity

We weren’t going to have a bog hoo-haw on the 4th of July, but the day before I found out from Brett that Alley was not going to host a party, so we had the crew over to our place, and it was a nice party. We were hoping that Jeff would bring some fireworks, but he couldn’t grace us with his presence. You see, he’s getting married on Saturday, and he is already on a leash. Somehow I don’t think he will give me a hard time about Kate not letting me do things with the guys anymore.
In preparation for the 4th of July feast Kate made a chocolate dipped fruit basket. When I took pictures and mentioned that they were blog-worthy, she threatened that if I made fun of it on the blog she would kill me. I explained that I thought her creation was very clever, and that there was nothing to make fun of. Anyway, I only make fun of Pat on the blog, since Pat cannot threaten me with ‘no sex’, like Kate can…




Bean discovered a new friend in Tara. I hear the two are planning a girls-only vacation together.

No comments:

Widget_logo