Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Rehab Run






The Salt Lake City Marathon did not go well for me this year. Without getting into detail, I will just say that my knee and hip ache just thinking about the 19 mile marker. After the marathon I went to see an ortho doc. She gave me a nice 'old man' brace for me knee. I looked at it and thought there was no way it was going to help anything.




I told family members that if they did not see a blog post about the Timpanogos half marathon, that it didn't go well. As you can see, I am blogging about it, and it went well.



I reported to American Fork High School at 5:00 this morning and boarded a bus that took me to the start line at Tibble Fork Reservoir. The race came down the canyon, past the Timpanogos Cave trailhead and back to the high school. The scenery was incredible. I will do this run again.

I didn't want to push it too hard, but I did have 2 goals: Finish in within 2 hours and without injury. I reached one of my goals. I am a firm believer in my new knee brace. I feel great. My unofficial finish time was 2:00:50. We'll see what the official time was. Either way, I can't feel bad about it.

Now that I can run without pain, I can keep training. In September I will run the Mt. Nebo half, another race with a serious elevation drop. The goal for that will be to beat my Timp time. But if I don't blog about it, you'll know why...



Mt. Timpanogos behind the start line



No comments:

Widget_logo