Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm no cupcake...







People who work with and for me are always surprised when they meet Kate. The first question is usually something to the effect of: "How did you, get a woman like her?" The second question is more like: "How can she be so thin, when she bakes as well as she does?" The answer is easy: she doesn't eat anything she bakes. She has a taste-tester: me. She makes some of the best cupcakes I have ever sampled. As I type this, she is in the kitchen, making cream cheese frosting for Oreo cupcakes to take to a family party.


In addition to taking her baked wares to parties, we have shared these treats with neighbors and co-workers. Another comment I usually hear is: "These are so good, she should go into business." When I mention this to her, she dismisses it. She finds relaxation in baking for other people. If she had to do it for work, she wouldn't enjoy it as much.


Here are a few of my favorites:



Vanilla buttermilk with vanilla frosting




Poundcake with brown butter glaze




Spice with cream cheese frosting



Coconut with meringue frosting




Oreo (It should be noted that Kate hated these ones, because the chunks of Oreo wouldn't pass through the frosting nozzle, so she had to spread frosting with a knife and they weren't as 'pretty')



Buttermilk vanilla with vanilla frosting





Assorted, on the 'tree' (presentation is everything)




Vanilla with Yankees decorations, for Bean's birthday party





And my favorite, chocolate with chocolate frosting. And yes, she shaved her own chocolate as an added touch. Also, if you're wondering, that is a cupcake courier. How else would I transport nine dozen cupcakes to work?


There are others that are not pictured, such as the Oreo cheesecake and the red velvet cake. People ask me why I run so much. Now that you've seen these, can you understand why I do?

No comments:

Widget_logo