Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yankee Doodles




Kate sent me a text message, asking if I thought that between the two of us we could manage to coach Bean’s tee ball team. She would coach the Tuesday night games while I was at Samantha’s soccer practice (I am the assistant coach) and I would coach the Saturday afternoon games while she was at work. That night she attended the coaches team meeting, after which she sent me another text: We’re coaching the Yankees. I asked her if she coerced the director in to giving her the Bronx Bombers, or if we just happened to get assigned her favorite team. She maintains that she just took what was given her…




When I told Chas about this he quipped that our team was probably stacked with all of the prima donnas in the league. By the end of the season I was ready to agree.




The season only lasted five weeks, and yesterday was the last game. This means, of course, that Lauren got another trophy. She set up a table in her room and placed her collection on it. ‘It’s my trophy case.’ She explained. ‘And when it’s full I will be the champion.’ To which I replied ‘You’ll always be a champion in my book, Bean.’

1 comment:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You are brave! No, but where are you in the picture? Too cool for the prima donnas?

Widget_logo