Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Graduate

Samantha was presented with her diploma from preschool. I can't believe that she will be in kindergarten next year. The kids are just getting too big to cuddle...




The Big Dog in the Ballpark

We brought home our new dog this week. Her name is Yankee. I'll bet you can't guess who named her. She is a purebred German Shepherd. She was born on Patrick's birthday, May 1st. Even though she is only eight weeks old she already dwarfs Blossom. And Blossom doesn't like the hyper little puppy. But then again, Eddie and Al don't like either dog.



Rain on my Parade



Last night was our ward's annual campout. We had a lot of fun and ate like kings. I was the first to arrive at the campground, and was able to snag the prime tent site. Shortly after dinner and just before the campfire program our friend Megan got a call from her husband, Scott, who was working in Taylorsville. He informed her that a half inch of hail had just dumped on Taylorsville and that the storm was headed our way. Moments later we were soaked by a cloud burst. There were about 80 people in the campsite at the time. All of those who were not planning to stay the night jumped in their cars and went home, leaving the cleanup of dinner to the handful of us who were planning on camping. It was a very neighborly gesture. I threw the Shirley kids in the tent and told them to wait until the storm was over.








The lighning was close and the thunder loud. The kids were getting scared so each time the light flashed I would yell 'Wow! That was awesome!' It seemed to work, because soon they began doing the same. Because I had picked such a great tent site, we were completely dry. We were the only ones. Soon I realized that my tent was the last one standing. So I helped Rex pack up all of his dutch ovens and cooking gear and load it into his trailer. I was still planning on staying, but I realized that Rex was leaving with the breakfast materials. I figured it was best to break camp while I still had some daylight, because if I waiting two hours and the rain hadn't abated, or if we got water in the tent, I would be breaking camp in the dark and alone. So we packed up and came home. By the time we got home (20 minutes) it was clear and beautiful. Figures. Oh well, better luck next time.



Get Your Head in the Game

This afternoon Francie called to inform me that Kyle Korver was at Harmon's signing autographs. My first thought was to wake Kate so we could run down there. But since she was working tonight I decided to let her sleep. I took the kids over (Whitney refused) and stood in line with them. He was very personable, joking with Patrick about his shirt that reads "Voted Most Likely to Squish Stuff". He even signed Lauren's autograph to 'Bean'. Now we'll see if he will even be back this year...




1 comment:

Alley said...

I bet Kate was mad you didn't wake her.

I LOVE your new dog!

Widget_logo