Saturday, January 03, 2009

Rolled Tide




I am a Utah Man, sir,

and I live across the green,
Our gang it is the jolliest that you have ever seen.
Our coeds are the fairest
and each one's a shining star,
Our yell, you'll hear it ringing
through the mountains near and far!
Who am I, sir?
A Utah Man am I!
A Utah Man, sir,Will be 'til I die.
Ki-yi!
We're up to snuff, we never bluff,
we're game for any fuss.
No other gang of college men dare meet us in a muss.
So fill your lungs and sing it out
and shout it to the sky,
We'll fight for dear old crimson
for a Utah Man am I!
Go Utes!

Last night we sat down to watch the Utes take on Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. For a month now we have been hearing from all the prognosticators about how the Utes were going to get crushed by the Tide, how Utah was too small to keep up with ‘Bama’s front line, how teams from the Mountain West don’t stack up against ‘real’ BCS teams from the SEC, about how the Utes had no business being in this game, blah blah, woof woof.


The Utes answered the critics by punching Saban’s team in the mouth right from the get go, going up 21-0 and winning by two touchdowns, 31-17. It was awesome. The best play of the game from Alabama was a 73 yard touchdown run, which we all missed. You see, we were watching the game in the meager confines of Pat’s house, and when the winter storm rolled in during the second quarter, she lost her signal. So we had to pack up and move the party to the Shirley house.




It was a great win, and I am really happy for the players, the school and coach Whittingham.




2 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I have to say that was a great game!

Mormegil said...

Agreed Chris, the Utes looked awesome. Honestly this was, in my opinion, the best game they played all season. I didn't really want them to win but I'm not unhappy that they did. It was a great win for the program, the conference, and for the non-bcs teams. They simply outplayed and outcoached a very good Bama team.

Widget_logo