Saturday, January 31, 2009

Even in his youth…

While sifting through a slew of old papers that my Dad gave me, I stumbled across a couple of dusty old gems. The first one is my Duty to God certificate, which I received in 1992. I am very proud to say that I am an eagle scout. It is one of the few things I did in my youth that I am proud of. But I am equally proud of my Duty to God award. And I know that Boy Scout purists will say that this is sacrilege, but I’ve always thought that the Duty to God Award was a better looking medal than the Eagle Scout medal.



I also found a ‘book’ that I wrote. It was not dated, but I know that I was in elementary school. One indication that the story was written in the 80s is the character who employs the phrase ‘rad’. As you look at the story you will see that I had my knack for drama at a very young age.



I don’t know why the story was not finished, but I am sure that in the end the team went out and won one for the Gipper. I compared this story with something that I wrote recently and found that my story telling skills have not improved.

2 comments:

Alley said...

I love the picture of the Ref that looks like a basketball at the end.

Melissa said...

Those are some sweet illustrations.

Widget_logo