Monday, December 31, 2007

Guess Who's on the radio

Being that my children spend more time with Kate than they do with me, they are exposed to a great deal of country music. In an attempt to ensure that the kids are well-rounded, I counter the country with a broad spectrum of music. While we were in the car Saturday afternoon (on our way to a 'High School Musical' event at Ikea) I tuned in to the local oldies station. To my delight I found The Guess Who's 'American Woman'. This was the following exchange:

Me: Hey guys, this is The Guess Who.
Whit: Who?
Me: This band on the radio.
Whit: Who is it?
Me: The Guess Who.
Whit: I don't know. Who?
Me: No, that's their name.
Whit: Who?
Me: No, not the Who. The Guess Who.
Patrick: She doesn't know. Just tell us the name.
Me: That is their name.
Whit: Whose name?
Me: The name of the band. It's The Guess Who.
Whit: I don't know! Just tell me!
Me: (sighing) It's Pink Floyd...

1 comment:

Alley said...

Did the Guess Who music cancel out the High School Musical music stuck in your head? Or did you listen to Floyd in the way home like I did.

Widget_logo