Monday, April 30, 2007

No Straight Answers

Patrick’s latest thing is trying as hard as he can to give me an answer to a question. Example:
Me: “Patrick. Do you want strawberry or blueberry yogurt?”
Patrick: “If I do this,” Here he cups his hands and mimics a rooster. “It means I want strawberry. If I do this,” stands and twirls in a circle “It means blueberry. And I choose…um…” The rooster noise.

Marathon, Part three

Jeff chastised me for not blogging about the marathon, which was a week ago Saturday. There wasn’t really much to tell. I finished. I was sore for a few days. I forced Kate to drop out after she got violently ill. That’s about it. There were a few noteworthy things: no cramps until the 26th mile. That was a first. No bloody nipples. This year I used medical tape. No blisters. A good pair of shoes makes all the difference. And no chafing. Bag balm works wonders. You smell like honey, but it’s worth it. I might train for next year’s marathon so that I can have a decent time. Or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had to drop out, but "officially" I still kicked your butt.

Anonymous said...

I also would like 'roster noise'
ALLEY

jennaloha said...

I had no idea that marathons induce bloody nipples. Your blog is so educational. Congrats for completing the marathon and also for graduating! We loved your announcement.

Widget_logo