Monday, April 16, 2007


All hands on deck!

I have been told by many that I have become the Marcel Proust of blogging. I am too ‘wordy’. I guess I should spend less time telling a story and more time on bad photoshop images. So I will try to be brief.

I spent this weekend busting my buns building a deck. I should say that I helped to build a deck. Kate ordered the materials this week. Grandpa Stretch showed up, took one look at the specs, and then went to work, never looking at them again. The deck building went off without a hitch, which is a shock when I am involved. Stretch showed why is a master of his trade. He took charge while Drew, Mike and I did the grunt work. We were able to get the framing all finished Saturday, and during the week I should be able to add the Trex decking.


The hardest part about the deck was the grading. Because of the slope of the land I had to dig. And dig. I have a pile of sod and crap dirt on my driveway chest-high. I ache in places I didn’t know could hurt. But when I look at this huge beautiful deck, it is all worth it.
Okay, so I wasn’t too brief. A picture is worth a thousand words. I prefer the thousand words.



More from the mind of Mr. P.

I took Patrick to the Jazz game against the Phoenix Suns. The game was awful, but there was something of merit. While walking to the game we passed a decrepit old corrugated tin shed. Looking at the shed Patrick mused “I wonder if that’s where Mary had Jesus. It looks like a stable…”

2 comments:

JAZZMAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAZZMAN said...

Drew did the grunt work? That would have been a sight to see...as for the photo shop images, your turn will come.

Widget_logo