Tuesday, December 27, 2011





Short and Stout...


Recently Whitney took a beginning pottery class. It has been one of the few she has enjoyed. She has been very proud of the pieces she has been bringing home.




I love the ugly mug on this mug.




She was a bit frustrated with her little tea pot. I told her it looks as a tea pot should: short and stout...




Of course, she compared hers to a tea pot Kate made in school, that we still have.




We have several of Kate's pieces from when she was in school. Of all of them her 'cat pot' is one of my favorites.



But of all of the creations Whitney has brought home, none has been more awesome than her garden gnome. She asked if we would put it in the garden, and we said no way. I love it too much to risk seeing it broken outside. He is currently guarding the kitchen, patrolling for late night food thieves.





And though this piece is not pottery, I include this bronze as another of my favorites of Kate's creation. But it's still not as cool as the gnome...

No comments:

Widget_logo