Sunday, November 06, 2011

A Halloween First





Halloween was a little different this year. Just like years past, we managed to get through the pumpkin carving without a trip to the ER for stitches. But this year, for the first time, I did not go trick-or-treating. Whitney wanted to take the kids around the neighborhood, so I was able to sit on my butt and watch really bad football (Chargers v. Chiefs).


I wasn't worried about Whit taking the kids out. Her 'crazy Ute' costume stood out so much that there was no chance of a car not seeing her.



Patrick opted for the hippie look. Before he dressed in his costume, Bean informed me that he would look like 'Jimmy Hendrickson'.



Samantha first dressed as a baby. As did most of the girls in her class. So before going out that night she changed into a 'dead bride' costume.




And Bean decided to go as a lamb, leaving a trail of cottonballs as she walked.



It was a good night, though we did not have many kids come to our door. I blame that on the proponents of the trunk-or-treat. But I don't mind. Less candy handed out means more candy for me to take to work...

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

sounds like they had a fun time. I love the creativity of the lamb costume!

Widget_logo