Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Riding the Pine(wood)




Patrick's Pinewood Derby car was not the prettiest of the lot. He was the only contestant in the field who painted his car with a flat paint, instead of glossy. While building the car I learned a valuable lesson. It is very hard to let your son do all the work. I did the cutting with the coping saw, but he did the design, shaping, sanding, painting and gluing of the accessories. He also put the wheels on. I coached as well as I could, but ultimately it was his project. As such I hoped he would place well. And he did.




He needed a little help with the coping saw, but the design was all his.




Yes, that is a Fruity Pebble treat on the same plate where he is mixing his paint...





In this photo he is seen in 4th place, but he would eventually finish second.



Patrick raced four times, finishing 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and (as shown here) 1st.





No comments:

Widget_logo