Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Miles to Go

This coming Saturday Patrick starts his first season of Junior Jazz. I hope he enjoys it more than he liked soccer. Being a person who was born and raised with basketball, I am very excited that he wanted to play.


For those who are not familiar with Junior Jazz, I can tell you that one of the things they do is, when teams are organized, each coach is given jerseys for each player. The numbers on each of the jerseys correspond to players currently on the Jazz roster. So you can imagine that mothers all across the state are signing kids up to play in the hopes that their child will draw the #26 jersey. So whose number did Patrick’s coach give him? Deron Williams’ #8? Memo’s number 13? Boozer’s #5? How about Andrei’s #47? Nope…


Number 34: CJ freaking Miles! Oh the humanity! Are you kidding me? Maybe the coach knew that Patrick is left handed and wanted him to feel comfortable in a fellow south paw’s number. I must look on the bright side, though: At least the coach didn’t dole out the #31 to my son…




P.S. When you Google search for pictures of CJ Miles, you get more than shots of basketballs. Apparently there is a young woman with the same name, and she doesn’t like to wear clothes…

2 comments:

Alley said...

Let me know when the games are and I will be his personal cheer leader! No I won't wear a HSM costume.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Thanks for the heads up. I won't google it.

Widget_logo